- Lying to the boss
- What is a Business Strategy?
- What is a Corporate Strategy?
- What is a Product-Market Strategy?
- What is a Business Unit Strategy?
- What is CRM?
- What is Architecture?
- What is Enterprise Information Architecture?
- What is Strategic Design?
- What are business benefits and value?
- What is DevOps?
- What is Cloud Computing?
- What is a Banking Multi-Channel Architecture?
- What is Gamification?
- What is Crowdsourcing?
- What is a Segment Strategy?
- What is a Business Model?
- What is an Operating Model?
- What is a Target Operating Model (TOM)
- What are Strategic Guiding Principles?
- What is Service Design?
- What is a Customer Archetype?
- What are Digital Natives and Digital Immigrants?
- What is technology-driven change?
- What is a Digital Footprint?
- What is a Potential Trend?
- What are Cloud Standards?
- What is VisaNet?
- What is User Context?
- What are IBM CCRA and CCMP?
- What is PCI DSS Compliance?
I have kept crowdsourcing on the shelf over the years as a “plan B” should I ever need an alternative way to make a living.
I explored it further when brainstorming ways to gather information about authenticated digital services in various countries. I was considering whether to engage a private crowd within IBM using a micro-task marketplace such as Amazon’s Mechanical Turks.
Crowdsourcing is huge and diverse and includes micro-tasking, macro-tasking, crowd contests, crowd funding and self-organizing crowds. In my usual fashion I will refer you to a book that explains it all better than I can here: Crowdsourcing for Dummies.
I decided to use an IBM social media tool for my study instead of a market place because I wanted to keep my work in a private crowd. The “crowd” is a large part of the value of a market place and I doubt I can reach my intended crowd that way. I am going to need to need to find my contributors manually. I still found the book helpful in understanding how to organize the micro-tasks, provide instructions, and use gamification techniques to motivate participation.
The reason why I talk about it here is because I think that crowdsourcing is going to become more important in the future and should be one of the key technology trends impacting business strategies and digital services.