- IT Capabilities: What Are They?
- IT Capability: Secure the Enterprise
- IT Capability: Develop Systems of Engagement
- IT Capability: Agile Development and Continuous Delivery
- IT Capability: Responsive Design
- IT Capability: Write Once, Deploy Anywhere
- IT Capability: Mobile Application and Device Management
- IT Capability: Designing for Mobile Security
- IT Capability: Mobile App Testing
- IT Capability: User Centered Design
The IT group is usually tasked with designing new applications. I am not sure I advocate that but that is what I have seen in practice at banks. Therefore, I categorize User Centered Design as an IT Capability.
The following diagram lifted from Modern Web Development with IBM WebSphere gives a feel for what User Centered Design involves:
What I will say about User Centered Design is that it should not be the first step. You must have some process that answers the question: “User Centered Design of what?”. You need innovation processes operating at both the strategy and organization design levels.